CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 27, 2002, 12:54 PM
Veteran

Default How can I incorperate a database into my website?

sponsored links

Hi all,

I was wondering, how can I incorperate a database into my website?

Basically, I want to create a database in Access, and put my products in, which I want to sell. Then, I would like to be able to create a website, which navigates through the database, to alow viewers to see what there is for sale.

I have seen several sites with this, and would like to do it to mine. I have noticed that they use ASP code. What is this?

Appreciate any advice given..

Cheers
Old Oct 27, 2002, 01:01 PM
Veteran

I'd say an easier way to do it would be to use mysql for the database and php/perl to display the database in the webpage rather than ASP and Access.

Main reason is that you'll find far more ISP's providing mysql databases than you do MS Access cos mysql is free.
Old Oct 27, 2002, 01:06 PM
Veteran

Hi m8, thats for the quick reply...

OK, well I already have a forum under construction, using Mysql database and php.

How do I do this database stuff? Anyone got any ideas that could aid a total novice.

Cheers
Old Oct 27, 2002, 03:20 PM
Veteran

I just write the cgi (in perl) myself but I'm fairly sure there's an off the shelf package for an online shop available for free (forgot the url). Its not that hard to write cgi's in perl, maybe you could have a go yourself.