CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Device Driver Questions
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 22, 2003, 02:02 AM
Veteran

Unhappy Help I am in Dazzle Hell

sponsored links

I have recently purchased a dazzle dvc150 videocapture unit and I love the unit itself but the moviestar5 software is a pain in the arse. I have tried the updates for this but they didn't do a thing. The problem that I have is the stupid 4gb split. I have tried the render and that compresses and glues the files back together but like many others the files come out jumpy and the audio seperates from the video (kinda like the old godzilla movies). Render also takes quite a bit of time. My harddrive is NTFS and not FAT 32 but Moviestar5 doesn't seem to care and splits the file no matter what but the website advertises this software as having a seamless capture, if thier Idea of a seamless capture is a 3-4 hour render that screws up your file they can go screw themselves. The thing that sucks is that if I do shorter animated films (under 1 hour and 28 minutes) the unit and software works perfectly (since I don't have to do a render). I have also tried using My sonic DVD and Nero Express and nither of these programs will even detect the dvc150 and tell me that I need to hook up a videocapture device. I have tried importing the file but that gets more screwed up then the render. I am really getting tired of the idea that I paid $200 for this setup and these are the results I am stuck with. Has anyone out there with the DVC150 unit gotten it to work with other software besides the dazzle software and is there anyway of removing the stupid 4gb limit within the moviestar software? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 09, 2003, 04:06 AM
Veteran

seems that either nobody knows what to do or is having the exact same problem that I am having as this is a common post at the dazzle site's question and answer forum. I did find that one person there did have success with rendering by adjusting something by one. I can't remember exactly what but go to www.dazzle.com and register with the question and answer forum and scroll down to the section about the moviestar 5 software and check for the posts on rendering and you should find this response in there. When I get more time I am going to go there and follow this process and see if I can't get a render to actually work. Thanks all the same guys.