CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 07, 2002, 09:51 AM

Default NEWBIE questions (is there a FAQ)

sponsored links

I want to know which is the best chips (most reliable) for
1) playing backups games...
2) Playing from CD backups
3) Using Linux and other homebrew apps
4) most customable ie chip is updated (flashed) from your PC quickly
5) How do identify latest X-box consoles that cant be modded

Q. a bit off topic

6) Are there decent SNES, mame, N64 emu working fully
7) Is there a decent Div/x player (will it play all files)
8) Are there any Region hacks for the DVDs
9)What is the development scene like (in terms of availabel SDKs etc)...
10) If I buy the latest and greatest chip now what are they likely to improve that maybe I should hold on for...

is there a FAQ or a good web site that will these answer Qs.

Thanks all

Last edited by momomo; Oct 07, 2002 at 10:01 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2002, 09:45 AM

Hi,

Ill see if I can answer a few of your questions.

1 & 3) In my opinion, you should either go with the Matrix or Xecuter modchip. Xecuter you have to solder, Matrix you dont. Both will play unsigned code so you can play backups, run homebrew apps and linux etc. Theres a comparison of these chips at ***********.xbox-scene.com/modchips3.php

2) Nearly all xboxs will not read cdr backups. You need either cdrw's or dvdr's

4) Will have to be the Matrix chip if you want one that can be flash upgraded via your PC.

5) I believe that V2 Xbox's that cant b chipped were produced from 4th August 02 onwards. So check the white sticker you can see on the xbox through the hole on the back of the box and make sure you get one manufactured before that date.

6) There are Emus for Snes and Mame, not sure how well the N64 one works. Check the ISO's folder or find a link to toofan's site as he has most of the emulators.

7) Mediaplayer6 for the Xbox will play most things and has played all the divx's ive ever had altho some people report it doesnt play all of them.

8) DVD RegionX2 which is probably in the ISOs folder, will get around the region problem and allow you to use your controller instead of spending out on an xbox remote.

10) If you want to upgrade your chip, its best you go for the Matrix which you can flash which new bios's as they released. This is probably the best way at the moment to make your chip upgradable.

Think ive covered most things

Thanks
[email]compumad2000@hotmail.com[/email]