CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 31, 2002, 04:28 PM

Default What would i do about setting a LAN tournament-teh game Licenses

sponsored links

i need to setup a lan tournament in my local area(UK->London)
but what would i do about teh game licenses, for example Counter strike, how would i go about it, would sierra even consider me if i emailed them,
teh reason is because i will be raising money from this for a competion sort of thing more of a academic challenge really(***********.young-enterprise.org.uk/)

any suggestions, any peopel who have doen this b4, teh LAN that is

cheers
Old Oct 31, 2002, 06:31 PM
Veteran

are you using your own computers or other peoples? If you're using other peoples then it's their software on their own PC so i don't think there should be a problem, it would be the same as a load of people connecting to a server on the net. However there may be a problem if you installed the same software on each computer. I know that on a LAN CS will accept 2/3 PCs with same key. HTH
Old Nov 03, 2002, 09:24 AM

no i plan to hire out a internet cafe or use school computers, i plan to put up a entry fee for teams who play, who will compete, with prizes, i know loads of people who will coem to the tournament let alone from my school so will have have enough teams
Old Nov 03, 2002, 08:05 PM
Veteran

In that case i'm not sure, maybe if you got people to bring their own copy install a copy on every PC and then they use their own key on the PC that they're using. But i can see that this will pose problems i.e people nicking each others cd-keys etc.