CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 20, 2004, 11:58 AM
Veteran

Default Welcome Screen

sponsored links

Hi,

I would like to remove the welcome screen:
[IMG]********img37.exs.cx/img37/5195/welcome.bmp[/IMG]

I want that when I turn on/restart my computer it goes directly to Windows and not to the welcome screen, waiting for me to click on an account. How do I do it? I went to Control Panel -> User accounts
But I can't find anywhere to disable it.
Old Aug 20, 2004, 01:36 PM
Veteran

from the help file in windows M8

[b]To turn the Welcome screen on or off[/b]
You must have a computer administrator account on a computer that is a member of a workgroup or is a stand-alone computer to turn on or turn off the Use the Welcome screen feature. Logging on at the Welcome screen is not available on computers that are members of a network domain.

Open User Accounts in Control Panel.
Click Change the way users log on or off.
Do one of the following:
To specify that users log on to the computer using the Welcome screen, select the Use the Welcome screen check box.
A user logs on to the computer by clicking his or her user account name on the Welcome screen. If a password is assigned to the account, the user is prompted to type it.

To specify that users log on to the computer without using the Welcome screen, clear the Use the Welcome screen check box.
The Welcome screen will no longer appear when you start the computer. To log on to the computer, type your user name (and password, if you have one) in the standard Log On to Windows dialog box.

Notes

To open User Accounts, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click User Accounts.
Fast User Switching is available only when the Welcome screen is turned on. For more information, click Related Topics.