CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 25, 2002, 01:53 PM

Angry BURNING AUDIO CD'S [; ; win98]

sponsored links

Is there any-one out there that can help?

When I burn an audio CD using my LG CD Rewriter, all the tracks play fine on my Sony CD player, but on my LG mini hi-fi, half way through playing the tracks fine I get what sounds like interference on the tracks. This is the same on my Aiwa DVD player.

What is wrong - is there something wrong with my hi-fi or is it the Rewriter.

Please help ?

mike40
Old Nov 25, 2002, 06:11 PM
suspended

Try changing media, some players are fussy about CDRs, I recommend Kodak Golds (if you can find them), Kodak Silver/Golds or TDK Golds for fussy players.
Old Nov 25, 2002, 07:02 PM

Some players will just not play home made CDs correctly whatever media you use.
Old Nov 28, 2002, 12:34 AM
Veteran

While it's not a solution, (unless you don't mind spending about $100) the new Yamaha CRW-F1 has a feature called "audio master" which is said to create audio CD's that will not only play in any player, but will sound better and last longer. Whether that is true remains to be seen i suppose. But in any case, it does this by burning longer pits and lands in the disc which allows readers to more easily and correctly detect them. It does however reduce recording time because of the extra space used. A 80 min CD is said to give about 68 min. Of corse you don't have to use this feature if you need all 80 minutes.

It also has a feature which looks at the media before beginning the burn and detemines the max burning speed the disc can handle w/o creating errors. From what i understand, most discs end up being burned at a significantly lower speed. You can disable it and burn at any speed you want up to it's max of 44, but it seems to me that would be foolish.

Anyway, i just thought i'd mention it because from everything i read including reviews, it seems to be living up to these claims. I bought one myself, but only a few days ago, so i can't verify how well it works other than the fact that i do seem to be burning CD's that sound better than with my old sony.
Old Nov 28, 2002, 01:00 AM
Veteran

You can pick up the Yamaha here for $165 now... only slightly more than the Lite-On 52246.