CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 11, 2002, 02:50 PM
Question Opinions wanted from those in the know....

sponsored links

Interested to know, from what I gather the Messiah has long since superceded the Neo as the Don Daddy of all modchips.

I've done some research but I would like to get some opinion, this is something that I think only those in the know can gauge and certainly something that can't be found through research here and on the net.

At this moment, should I go out and get my PS2 chipped with Messiah i.e. from your best guesses, do you think it is very futureproof and won't be superceded soon or circumvented by Sony??? (I know that it is impossible to predict what will happen but based on current status, one would have some idea). Last thing I want to do is get a chip that won't work in six months....

Thanks for your help
Old May 11, 2002, 03:18 PM

If you're not sure just go with a neokey and a no solder modchip,they boot everything with the right tools,but you have to swap,but if you ever want a newer and better chip you can always take em out,and unsolder the 1 and only wire you soldered for the neokey.