CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 29, 2002, 09:09 PM

Default Please help me get Mortal Kombat Gold to work!!!!

sponsored links

Ok, I have a huge probelm with Mortal Kombat....I'll explain what happened:

I downloaded MKG from various sources, sometimes even 5 sources or more per file (resuming the d/load), using Direct Connect....

Once unrarring it I got an error....ok no problem, I've handled these before....emkg.003 was corrupt...
I re downloaded the file and took a second try at unrarring the package....it passed .003 and continued until .021.....021 showed an error and it seems the file was corrupt....I redownloaded 021 and once again tried to unrar the volumes...
It proceeded on a normal pace until .003 again, which was previously reported as ok in my 2nd attempt of unrarring, and .003 took longer than normal before it went to .004. From there on it went slow all the way resulting in a 100% completion at volume number 007...this was the error code I got:

Code:
!   CRC failed in E-MKG.CDI. The file is corrupt
!   J:\videogames\Dreamcast Games\Corrupt\Mortal Kombat Gold\e-mkg.008: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack E-MKG.CDI
!   J:\videogames\Dreamcast Games\Corrupt\Mortal Kombat Gold\e-mkg.009: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack E-MKG.CDI
!   J:\videogames\Dreamcast Games\Corrupt\Mortal Kombat Gold\e-mkg.010: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack E-MKG.CDI
!   J:\videogames\Dreamcast Games\Corrupt\Mortal Kombat Gold\e-mkg.011: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack E-MKG.CDI
!   J:\videogames\Dreamcast Games\Corrupt\Mortal Kombat Gold\e-mkg.012: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack E-MKG.CDI
!   J:\videogames\Dreamcast Games\Corrupt\Mortal Kombat Gold\e-mkg.013: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack E-MKG.CDI
!   J:\videogames\Dreamcast Games\Corrupt\Mortal Kombat Gold\e-mkg.014: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack E-MKG.CDI
!   J:\videogames\Dreamcast Games\Corrupt\Mortal Kombat Gold\e-mkg.015: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack E-MKG.CDI
!   J:\videogames\Dreamcast Games\Corrupt\Mortal Kombat Gold\e-mkg.016: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack E-MKG.CDI
!   J:\videogames\Dreamcast Games\Corrupt\Mortal Kombat Gold\e-mkg.017: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack E-MKG.CDI
!   J:\videogames\Dreamcast Games\Corrupt\Mortal Kombat Gold\e-mkg.018: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack E-MKG.CDI
!   J:\videogames\Dreamcast Games\Corrupt\Mortal Kombat Gold\e-mkg.019: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack E-MKG.CDI
!   J:\videogames\Dreamcast Games\Corrupt\Mortal Kombat Gold\e-mkg.020: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack E-MKG.CDI
!   J:\videogames\Dreamcast Games\Corrupt\Mortal Kombat Gold\e-mkg.021: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack E-MKG.CDI
!   J:\videogames\Dreamcast Games\Corrupt\Mortal Kombat Gold\e-mkg.022: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack E-MKG.CDI
!   J:\videogames\Dreamcast Games\Corrupt\Mortal Kombat Gold\e-mkg.023: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack E-MKG.CDI
!   J:\videogames\Dreamcast Games\Corrupt\Mortal Kombat Gold\e-mkg.024: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack E-MKG.CDI
!   J:\videogames\Dreamcast Games\Corrupt\Mortal Kombat Gold\e-mkg.025: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack E-MKG.CDI
!   J:\videogames\Dreamcast Games\Corrupt\Mortal Kombat Gold\e-mkg.026: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack E-MKG.CDI
!   J:\videogames\Dreamcast Games\Corrupt\Mortal Kombat Gold\e-mkg.027: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack E-MKG.CDI
!   J:\videogames\Dreamcast Games\Corrupt\Mortal Kombat Gold\e-mkg.028: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack E-MKG.CDI
So I downloaded the original sfv from Direct Connect and compared it with the one the program winsfv had generated, and all the codes were exactly identical! So I don't know which volume is corrupt anymore....I tried using WinAce and WinZip instead as well, but both reported errors.....

And to make matters worse: if this wasn't enough I experienced the same problem once more(!) with Vanishing Point...So if you can help me fix Mortal Kombat, I'll be able to fix VP as well!

This all is very mind boggling, as I don't feel like d/loading the games again....Please help me fix it...There must be a way to check which one is corrupt except for using winsfv!
Old Jan 30, 2002, 04:17 AM

Well I have had this problem before too. I managed to fix it but it wasnt easy. If someone could tell me a better way then I'd like to hear it.
When I had this problem the way I found out which files were bad were by the length of time it took to process the file when extracting. find the file which takes the most time to extract during the extraction process and redownload it. u gotta watch carefully I discovered mine because there was a slight pause before it moved onto the next file.
I had this with several games and I manged to get it working without redownloading the whole game by doing this. Hope it helps.
Old Jan 30, 2002, 08:52 AM
Veteran

when you start the extraction,are you double clicking the .001 file, and Winrar opens, then you highlight the cdi file, and specify the folder in which to extract to? If not try that. The problem may be that you are not starting from the .001 file. just a guess though.
Old Jan 30, 2002, 12:38 PM

Hmmmm.....You might be right and I certainly hope so....I'll try and post the results in a few days....