CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 30, 2006, 09:25 AM

Default Still looking

sponsored links

I'm still looking for an answer to my CD Writer problem! In looking over the number of posts it seems to be a quite common probem. Makes me wonder why the experts at microsoft dont have an answer. I hope some one out there does. ( The CD writer does not see a disc in the D drive ) I had a Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4.02 that was installed in windows 98 2ed. I started to have this problem so I reinstalled the software. that caused more problems to develope. To make a long story short I ended up changeing my operating system to windows XP home edition by installing it over windows 98.Every thing works,but I still have the same problem I can't copy a file because the cd writer does see a disc in the drive tray. I could really use some help.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 05:20 PM
Veteran

Sorry if this sounds too obvious....have you tried another writer??
Old Jan 30, 2006, 07:28 PM

Hi just to say i used touse adaptec easycreator 4 a few years ago, it was a very good burning programme, the downside is that it only supported burners upto 16 x speed, so when i upgraded to a 24 speed LG burner the programme didnt see the burner anymore.
I suppose you have 2 options stay with Adaptec and try and source a 16 speed burner, or get a copy of NERO 6, or even NERO 5, both are very good programmes and can be had for about 3.50 on E-Bay, hope this has been a help to you, all the best Rick
Old Jan 31, 2006, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modo
Sorry if this sounds too obvious....have you tried another writer??
I did try a diferent one, same results. I think the drive is messed up.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeky monkey
Hi just to say i used touse adaptec easycreator 4 a few years ago, it was a very good burning programme, the downside is that it only supported burners upto 16 x speed, so when i upgraded to a 24 speed LG burner the programme didnt see the burner anymore.
I suppose you have 2 options stay with Adaptec and try and source a 16 speed burner, or get a copy of NERO 6, or even NERO 5, both are very good programmes and can be had for about 3.50 on E-Bay, hope this has been a help to you, all the best Rick

You may have a point I don't know what the speed is ,But it was working then for what ever reason quit. I want to thank all you guys.