CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 07, 2006, 07:48 PM

Question System does not recognize CD-RW disc

sponsored links

My system (Dell Dimension 700 with windows ME) does not recognize a CD-RW when inserted in the D drive. When I insert a disc that I have burned and go to "run". to verify the burn, I get the message "Insert disc in drive d". I remove and reinsert with the same result. I haven't tried to record before, but now wish to burn a backup of some files. I have an external drive burner with Nero Express". I'm a novice and it is probably due to my ignorance of proper burning preparation. A music CD works fine. Can anyone enlighten me?
Old Feb 11, 2006, 08:07 PM

Electric man, it could be as simple as the brand of CD-RW you are using. I would try a different brand. Myself I use memorex platinum (made in Taiwan) with no problems. Most people prefer something made in Japan if you can find it. Occasionally I do have to remove and reinsert but, I see you have done that.