CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 06, 2006, 06:47 AM

Question CD Everywhere? Not here!

sponsored links

Embarrassed how many coasters I've got!

I downloaded the trial CDEverywhere to my laptop (Win XP) so that I could send a friend in US a group of interlinked html and jpg files that would be independent of platform.
Created the iso image and transferred it by a memory stick to my pc (Win 98se).

After some false starts, Adaptec EasyCD Creator 4.02a wrote to an Imation CDR; the green light on the disc holder (LG CD-RW CED-80808) came on frequently during this successful process, using DiscAtOnce.

CD/CDinformation shows 18 MB written as Session 01 Track 01 Mode 1, writability non-recordable, but Windows Explorer/properties said there was nothing on it and no free space.

However, after rebooting Explorer now says says Blank CD with 648 MB free space, although Adaptec still shows the 18MB as before.
On the laptop "D:/ is inaccessible the file or directory is corrupted or unreadable".

The same thing happened with TAO.

I had previously burnt the folder successfully using DirectCD, but do not know what my friend's computer is. Also I hope to send the same folder to friends in other parts of the world with a variety of computers, and CDEverywhere looked just right and was very easy to use once I had explored all its options.

Please help me!
Old Feb 12, 2006, 09:37 AM

Default CDEveryWhere? Not here!

Well, I contacted support on the CDEW website, and got a prompt reply which suggested I download WinRAR and check the iso file.

I did that, and found "no archive" in the most recent attempts.

The very first iso file I'd made does show contents. It had errors in writing when I tried to burn it. It was 39MB.

So maybe the 50MB size allowed with the trial CDEW is cumulative, and my 18MB second attempt exceeded the limit. The advertisements give the impression that it is 50MB per file, but this is not clear. I await a reply from them.