CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 26, 2002, 01:30 PM

Question Ok guys...I gotta weird one here for ya...

sponsored links

I've always used Verbatim cd media to burn my games on, and my ps2 has never had a problem reading the discs until now. The last game I sucessfully burned and played on verbatim media was Turok Evolution (dvd rip). Any other game after that just freezes at my gameshark loading "without codes" screen. All the games that i have burned on verbatim cdr's since Turok have had the exact same results on my ps2, but all my older verb cdr games work just fine. Even when i put a newer burned game into my pc drive, aka...(Terminator: TDOF) it reads just fine, because i can see all the disc contents and game data etc. so i don't think the discs are bad. Anyways, I'm using cdrwin 3.9A along w/ a neokey, gameshark 2.0, version 5 ps2, this is the same exact setup i've had for almost 2 years now, and it has always worked for me so far...until now, and i even burn on slow speeds as well! 1x and 2x. I know my laser isn't bad, because i've tried my latest batch of games on different modded ps2s all with the same results, w/ turok being the last game that actually boots up on any of the modded ps2s. I'm starting to wonder if there's some kind of protection scheme running on most of the new games floating around online. Well...can you guys help me out this prob is WEIRD...I'm thinking of officially switching to tdk cdr media...but tdk media don't have blue bottom discs...at least here in orlando they don't anymore, or does that make a difference where disc reflectivity is concerned? Thanks...help me out guys, pleaze
Old Sep 26, 2002, 02:00 PM
Veteran

just a thought - you run a cleaner thru your ps2? a lens cleaner? it may be worth a shot
Old Sep 26, 2002, 02:26 PM
Veteran

The way you describe it, it sounds like your burner is causing the problem... did you overburn beyond the CDR drives capabilities? This will damage the laser... might be time to do some shopping!
Old Sep 26, 2002, 02:53 PM
Veteran

good point madison - i didnt think of that

wallcrawler, you try to burn anything else, like a music cd or someting to see if they worked
Old Sep 26, 2002, 02:59 PM

Try to Reset your GAMESHARK!
Old Sep 26, 2002, 03:12 PM

is the turok game on dvd and u coping it on cdr disc