CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 06, 2002, 07:41 PM

Default DreamSNES question (I've read all the FAQs - help files, etc - still need help)

sponsored links

Okay, before you read this understand I've tried to do my homework on the subject - I've read anything I can on the subject and wasted about 10 discs in the process of trying to get this to work. I've gone to a dozen different sites - downloading various programs (DC Factory - Dreamcast Emulation) but I am still having problems with adding ROMs.

Okay, so I burned the self booting emulator disc - easy - simple - everything worked fine - it booted up and I was met with a screen with a girl and floating hearts and several options (Press Y for options - Press A for ROMs, etc). When I clicked on ROMS - obviously there were no ROM files - because I hadn't added them. So, with this disc wasted I went back to Dreamcast Emulation and read up on adding ROM files - I followed the instuctions - opened a new folder in Nero and labelled it ROMs and then added the ROMs and followed the rest of the instructions but when I booted up the disc I was met with the DC CD listening screen.

So, I tried again, and again, and again... I even tried burning a non self booting disc - following instructions posted by some guy on a message board at DC emulation... nothing. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I don't care if the ROMs are on the same disc as the emulator or two different discs - I just want to get the damn thing to work. As I said I had no trouble burning the emulator - I just can't work out how to add ROMs. Can anyone give me step by step instructions - or point the way to an easy to follow guide (I've probably read it though). I know someone here asked a question about DreamSNES a little while ago (and I'm sure it's a commonly featured topic) - it was from that thread that I found DC Emulation and Dream Factory - but I am still stuck, so, anyone - please...

For what it's worth I burn with the newest version of Nero...
Old Mar 06, 2002, 08:16 PM
Veteran

I too had a problem with DCfactory. I burned the roms and emu on the same disc, and it booted to the Pike logo then got stuck there.

The way I selfboot my DreamSNES + roms on the same disc:

Downloaded the discjuggler emu image 0.9.6.

[url=********cdirip.freeyellow.com]CDiripped the image file, and found out the lba value (11702).

[url=********cdirip.freeyellow.com]ISOfixed the tdata2.iso file created by CDIrip, to get the file "bootfile.bin", and renamed it to Ip.bin.

Used [url=********cdmage.cjb.net]CDmage on the cdi image file, to extract the files within it, to the [url=***********.dccopyworld.com]Echelon's selfboot toolkits' "data" folder.

Created a "roms" directory, placed it with the other DreamSNES files, then added my roms to it.

Deleted that sh!t music file then added my own mp3's to it. Good mp3 player DreamSNES.

[b]Note:[/b] Add a rom.lst file, to speed up the roms loading. Download it at [url=***********.dcemulation.com]DCemulation's [i]needed tools[/i] section.

I already know the LBA is 11702, so theres no need for me to binhack it, so I just make the image with mkisofs, burn the first session with cdrecord (which should give me the 11702 LBA after I check it) then burn the image with CDRwin. Done.

Little hard to follow? Hey, it worked for me.
Old Mar 06, 2002, 10:08 PM

Default Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!

I got it to work - finally woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many, many thanks.
Old Mar 07, 2002, 10:43 AM
Veteran

Congrats man, did you use my method?
Old Mar 25, 2002, 07:53 PM

BioHazardGC and Ragingdevil,

I am in the same situation with BioHazardGCN. I think I am getting very close to success at this time.

Question: Do I need to run IPINS.EXE to patch IP.BIN into data.iso file?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-tforce
Old Mar 25, 2002, 08:15 PM
Veteran

i just downloaded the plain files and the uberboot and red the intructions and make a sucessful selfboot dreamsnes. On my first try!