CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 25, 2003, 11:57 AM

Default Files change after burning (?) Please help [; ; win98SE]

sponsored links

Hello mates,

I have a new laptop and have been transferring all my files by burning them into a series of CDRs and havee run into what seem to be burning errors. Some of the files that were previously recognized as MP3s or Word documents, etc, appear on the burned disc without the proper icon (ie, the blank Windows icon given to a file when it doesnt recognize it), and with a different name. The titles are changed to weird file names like , G_ or Ӕ and cant even be copied (I get an error message when it tries to copy the file to the new computer). Does anyone know the explanation for this? Id greatly appreciate any help.

Also...I may as well ask this while Im at it, even though its not burning-related. I also want to completely clear the old computer because Im selling it to a friend. Now, I know that much can be cleared by going to Settings -> Taskbar&Start Menu ->Clearbut theres still things left in the memory when I go to the subject line when composing a mail, or for Google searches, etc, and Id like to clear it all.

Thanks so much for your help!

Cheers,
J.