CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 01, 2005, 02:19 PM

Question HUGE problem with my xbox

sponsored links

Ok i had my xbox softmoded...so my mistake was i formated my xbox hdd and i lost my ms Dashboard...so when i boot up my system is goes to this screen with green words.so my question is can i reinstall A MS dashboard To it some how with out a mod chip installed? Thanks a Ton in advance
Old Feb 01, 2005, 05:42 PM

Default prob with xbox

When you had your xbox softmodded, did you get a backup of the xbox hard drive and a copy of the eeprom.bin?
Old Feb 01, 2005, 05:53 PM

no..i wish i had tho..i did install an evox dashboard in another folder in the hdd..but i dont think that would help would it?.
Old Feb 01, 2005, 07:28 PM

Default xbox prob

well, without the ability to load anything onto the hard drive, or without the eeprom.bin file from your bios, it would be very difficult to recover from. Do you know if your hd is in a locked or unlocked state? If it is unlocked, then you can download ltools cd or slayers installer cd and you could search around for get an original msdash board and build it back from scratch. There is places to get original dashboards from, hard to find though. You would have to use live info to calculate a locking key for the hard drive and lock it back after rebuilding it. Other than that, it looks pretty grim.

Last edited by sadalius; Feb 01, 2005 at 07:31 PM. Reason: additional tools
Old Feb 01, 2005, 08:29 PM

yeah my hdd is locked..im most likely gonna have to get the mod chip it looks like..Thanks alot for the help