CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 24, 2004, 10:25 AM

sponsored links

i got the chip and installed it but its about mi xbox hdd thats all it wernt there.do i have to do any thin to it, sorry if it did say but didnt see it there
Old Jan 03, 2005, 06:05 PM

The xecuter 3 does everything you need, then get slayers evox 2.6 install cd and you will be set. in fact, the x2 does everything also.

***********.teamxecuter.com/

try that.
Old Feb 01, 2005, 09:56 AM

Default unlocking locking hard drives

If you have a chipped xbox you don't need to worry about locking the hard drive, unless your playing live, then it is still risky about getting banned. I read about it all the time on various forums. If your xbox is softmodded you will need to lock the drive with information form your eeprom before putting it back into your xbox or you will get error 21 when trying to boot it. The reason for this is your still booting the original bios at first, and that bios is expecting the drive to be locked so it can unlock it, if it is already unlocked, then you get error 21. If your going the softmod route, I suggest using Ltools or similiar tool to do it for you. These tools can be found by searching for them, and depending on where you get the tools from, they generally come with pretty straight forward instructions. The alternative would be a hotswap, although I have done this method before, I don't like it.

Hope this info helps
Old Feb 03, 2005, 05:10 PM

sorry, it's not error 21, it's error 5...