CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 28, 2003, 08:58 AM

Default DNAS cracked? and swap magic 3.0 being released within a month

sponsored links

As posted on the ps2 ownz website:
"Today is a truly historic day in the PS2 scene for swappers and those seeking to play back-ups online indeed! For starters, we received confirmation directly from the Swap Magic manufacturer that Swap Magic v3.0 is coming in under a month and it's in the final debug stage now. Similar to the unreleased ZoneLoader, Swap Magic v3.0 will offer the following features:

PAL/NTSC Selector

TOC "Refresh" (for large-TOC games such as rips)

v7+ Multiple-ELF Support

Accelerator Built-In

Debug Mode (returns to main menu if disc fails to load)

Possible PSX Boot Disc included for use on the PS2

In related news, another cool piece of software is coming from the Swap Magic Team that allows you to use the USB Flash Drive on your PS2, view the photo, transfer the memory to the Flash Drive, run your own programs from the Flash Drive, play MP3's, and even more! Estimated release for this software is within a month also, so the PS2 scene as we all know it will be advancing soon indeed!

Finally, we received confirmation from an anonymous (but well-known) scene source that DNAS has been cracked and is in the final "test" stage right now! How long before the public will see it? Unfortunately there is NO specific date available at this time, but on a brighter note Team PS2 Ownz plans to release a detailed "DNAS Demystified" Tutorial very soon right here which details how it all works... so stay tuned!"
Old Aug 28, 2003, 10:48 AM

You better not be bullshiting me, I actually had to go out and Buy Madden and to top it all off I just sent inmy PS2 for a new one.

EGM
Old Aug 28, 2003, 02:50 PM

will swap magic 3.0 make ps2 play the double protected games? like tomb raider and splinter cell? or is only zonelander guna do that?
Old Aug 28, 2003, 03:15 PM
Veteran

We will have to see all that until it comes out and someone do a test
Old Aug 28, 2003, 03:37 PM
Veteran

Looks good. Let's just hope that it's not one of those too good to be true deals. My question is will it still require the use of a gameshark or AR2? Once you add in the cost of the swap discs, the Gameshark/AR2 and the flip-top lid, you aren't getting off that much cheaper than getting someone to solder in a good modchip for you.
Old Aug 28, 2003, 04:47 PM

Hopefully they will make the disc compatible with all region PS2's, I've got a v1 jap ps2 but its a mission to get hold of the japanese swap magic disc cheaply.