CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 05, 2002, 07:16 PM

sponsored links

Spagboll could you tell me where to download GTA3 from, Iv'e just gotten DSL installed and I cant find anywhere to d/load from.Iv'e tried newsgroups using Forte Agent but when I try and decode the binary files it always says it can only find for example 4 files out of 45.

can anyone tell me how to get on with newsgroups or ftp sites.
Old Jun 05, 2002, 07:44 PM

I don't think you're supposed to ask here.

@ littlejack - Your download rate is likely to be capped to a certain amount......500kbits/s or something like that. You won't get cut-off with broadband, it's just the dialup unmetered ISP subscriptions.

Bad points....the more ppl down your street using, the slower it can be because you're actually sharing the bandwidth but it's unlikely that everyone's using all the bandwidth.

I think the distance from teh exchange can also affect the speed. That and the usual, time of day, etc.
Old Jun 06, 2002, 09:05 AM

Never had ne probs with AOL on it as long as I like each month. Download as long as I like without being cut off by them
Old Jun 11, 2002, 03:23 PM
Veteran

Default BT Update

I'm sure you'll all be delighted to know that I've received a reply from BT today and they've basically said that their servers have logged me as being an excessive user exceeding 16 hours access on a regular basis. If I want to see their logs I have to pay them 10 !!!

I have re-iterated that as a surf time user 6pm to 8am it is impossible to exceed 16 hours and that I want a copy of their logs for free as I am not guilty until I prove myself innocent !!

I re-iterate, if you are thinking of subscribing to any of BT's 'unmetered' services, think very seriously !
Old Jun 11, 2002, 03:46 PM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by DMC [/i]
[B]I tried to make sure I was offline for at least 8 hours and I think that worked. Although the download rate always dropped to like 3kbytes/s after the first hour and there was the 2 hour cut off. What is with the damn premium rate tech support call charge? I say, if you can't get broadband, get AOL instead. Same price, no fixed disconnections (just sometimes random but a hella lot better than 2 hrs). Pity you need to have their software running but you don't need to use it. Transfer rates are pretty consistent. [/B]
@ DMC. You think AOL is better? They are so controling. Did you know they even block you from using any SMTP server but there's? They block certain ports purposely to restrict your use of other people's servers. Also, AOL is not compliant with like ANYTHING. And, lastly, it's soooooo slooooowww. I don't see how anyone could want AOL.

SonicBoom
Old Jun 11, 2002, 05:26 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

which company can give you greater than 512?? (non-business) at an affordable price