CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 11, 2002, 05:44 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by DMC [/i]
[B]
Bad points....the more ppl down your street using, the slower it can be because you're actually sharing the bandwidth but it's unlikely that everyone's using all the bandwidth.

[/B]
This is true with cable where there is only 1 coax cable down the road.
Shouldn't do with ADSL. The cables to your house are yours alone. The only lines you share are from the exchange to the servers & onwards & these will probably be fibre anyway.
Old Jun 12, 2002, 05:14 AM
Veteran

ntl have 1mb for 50/month
Old Jun 12, 2002, 05:49 AM

Quote:
@ DMC. You think AOL is better? They are so controling. Did you know they even block you from using any SMTP server but there's? They block certain ports purposely to restrict your use of other people's servers. Also, AOL is not compliant with like ANYTHING. And, lastly, it's soooooo slooooowww. I don't see how anyone could want AOL.
HAHA. I know. Can't even access newsgroups with third party software BUT............you go with BT for a year, you'd like AOL too. lol

It's faster than BT, they don't cut you off so often, etc, etc. The company said I can get ADSL as my line's suitable and everything so I probably won't be with AOL long.
Old Jun 12, 2002, 05:59 AM
Veteran

I ordered BT Openworld Broaband and it got cancelled because the person I spoke to took my postcode down wrong. Called up the same day and got it sorted. Then got another cancellation mail because they still hadn't updated the system. Anyway 2 weeks later and I still didn't have a modem to use on my line because nobody updated the system (after 7 calls, 3 of which I spoke to a 'supervisor'.)

In total 3 modems were ordered for me and 1 finally turned up yesterday. I was on the internet for 3 hours when my account got disabled because the order was still cancelled. I now have to wait 24-48 hours to have my account re-activated.
Old Jun 12, 2002, 12:18 PM

Quote:
This is true with cable where there is only 1 coax cable down the road.
Shouldn't do with ADSL. The cables to your house are yours alone. The only lines you share are from the exchange to the servers & onwards & these will probably be fibre anyway.
Ooops....got 'em mixed up there.
Old Jun 12, 2002, 07:53 PM

Default Re: BT Users Look IN

Don't forget Go online Friday 6pm you can only stay on for 12 hours !

then you must wait until 24 hours are up then logon again !!

Out of sixty hours you can only get 30 hours online !!!

Had my bum spacked by BT to !!?!?!?