CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 07, 2002, 10:07 AM
Veteran

Default My Aim, My Method ???

sponsored links

Hi,

Ok ive been having a number of difficulties so I am going to tell you exaclty what I want to do and how ive been doing it ... so here goes ...

Full_Metal_Jacket PAL ripped the hole thing to a dir with DVD Dycrypter,

Look through the VOBs with VOBrator and check which ID's to remove and which to keep etc

With IfoEdit remove foriegn Menu's, Subtitles, Audio Tracks etc

So now I have a dir with my new VOB's (English Only), 1 Audio Track, English Menu and English Sub's. The size is 4.92 GB so encoding is nessesery.

Create a DVD2AVI project file, so now I have the AC3 track and a D2V file, create an AVI with VFAPI for CCE and load it into CCE, set it up, then save as ecl file, now use ChapterXtracter to copy and paste the chapters into the ecl file, (as shown on doom9)

Encode with CCE,

Now I have an M2V file which is 4.03 GB, this should be small enough to fit onto a DVD-R once the Audio, Subtitles and Menus are added again.

Open IfoEdit and save the celltimes to a txt, then open again and DVD Author, set everything up as it should be and away we go,

BUT!! this is where I am having problems, after 20% or so IfoEdit tells me that there is too many dropped frames! and stops and leaves me with a 960Mb VTS_01_1.VOB file,

So what can I do to solve this problem? is it somthing todo with the Audio delay??

The AC3 file from DVD2AVI is called xxx AC3 T01 3_2ch 384Kbps DELAY -80ms.ac3 so does this mean I need to put -80 ito the delay box in IfoEdit?

This is really doing my head in, I need it solving
Old Nov 07, 2002, 11:01 AM

well , I didn't even know Ifoedit could accept cce encoded files yet....but then again what I don't know could probably fill this room :?)

maybe you should try to re-author (remux) the prepared cce .m2v file with scenarist or even maestro. then merge the info from the newly created ifo to the original ifo file with ifoupdate.......works for me.

anyways you must be trying out a new version of ifoedit , I see 0.95 is rel so i'm orf to suss it.
Old Nov 07, 2002, 11:28 AM

ok i see that you are not the only one to have problems.

as dvd authoring is a new feature in this program it may take a bit of time to iron out bugs.Don't get me wrong this particular program is awesome (for want of a better word) but I wouldn't expect it to work flawless with every title on the first release.Sorry i sold my FMJ so i can't do a test with that one.

a few questions though..
was it a vbr/constant encode
which version of cce was used
what OS is in use
I am assuming the obvious things like your hdd/cpu speed is not a problem.
I know when I used to capture video if I was to output uncompressed frames to say a 5400rpm drive it would drop quite a few frames , but that is capturing video via a capture card not just remuxing.

have you tried any other films?
Tomorrow i will select a title from my collection and take this new ifoedit for a spin, I will post my results.

It's all so wonderfully exciting...............ISN'T IT!
Old Nov 07, 2002, 11:34 AM
Veteran

hi,

i am using cce version 2.50, it was 1 pass encode, min: 2000 max:9800 q:30 on windows xp

many thanks
Old Nov 08, 2002, 04:18 AM

hi Robins2001

I am also using xp-pro , although i have been using cce 2.62 to encode with because for some reason 2.50 and 2.64 give me troubles , i dunno why they just always have in XP.

I am encoding a .m2v file for testing purposes of ifoedit 0.95 , it has a few hours to go.

maybe you could try an encode with 2.62 or 2.66 and see if that resolves anything.
Old Nov 08, 2002, 11:54 PM

well i tried it out as stated and unfortunately the same problem that you had , has now happened to me.

it got to 41% and said too many dropped frames.

but i must say that it is very impressive indeed , to be able to reauthor the title set and then you should be able to merge the info from the 2 ifo's back into the original set with Ifoupdate which will allow you to keep the original menu's/special features etc etc , keeping it the same as your original.

I am anxious to get the next version of ifoedit , and i will be making a donation to Derrow asap. I encourage everyone that finds his program useful to do the same.