CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Device Driver Questions
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 15, 2002, 05:48 PM
Veteran

Default Is it possible to update the Generic Video Card in my Compaq Presario??

sponsored links

In my one computer, when my GeForce 2 gets out of date, I'd just update my direct x software, and then download the newest detonator software, but my Compaq, just has some Generic Video Card in there, so all I know to do is update the Direct X software. But some game still won't work right, what can I do ?

And I'm not too good at this, so if you could please give me an anwer, type as if a retard were reading it.
Old Jan 16, 2002, 02:29 AM

Most likely it has onboard video but if it has an actual video card it shouldnt be a problem.Ive seen some motherboards not let you disable the onboard video and then it wont let you run dual display sometimes even if it will let you add another card.If it doesnt have onboard video then it shouldnt have a problem running a dual display or just changing to a better video.Best thing to do is see if the video is onboard or not first and go from there.

[IMG]***********.freecfm.com/w/windows/tsig.gif[/IMG]
Old Jan 16, 2002, 05:51 AM
Veteran

Try this site ********web14.compaq.com/falco/sp_list.asp

Just type in your model number and you will be directed to the most current factory updates for your computer.