CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Device Driver Questions
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 15, 2004, 01:16 PM

Default Matshita CR-5850 slide in model

sponsored links

Anybody know how to get a disc out of this unit when it won't release? The unit has performed flawlessly for years, but when I was down loading software for Microsoft's Train Simulator, it failed to release disc 2 of the program. I think the processor thinks the download is not complete. I've tried re-installing the program, to no avail.
this is a slide-in unit vs. a tray model. I called Microsoft, but could offer no suggestions. The main thing I'm looking for is a release button or pin hole(like on the tray style CD-ROM drives). I'm slightly under the speed requirements for the software (233MHz vs. 266MHz) but the guy @ the computer shop doesn't think that would cause this problem.
Anyway, any help would be appreciated. OK to e-mail.
: thanks..........
[email]jking@universalprocessing.org[/email]