CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 03, 2002, 04:37 AM

Default Networking help..xp to win98se..................

sponsored links

i am having all kinds of problems establishing a network connection between my xp laptop and win98se desktop since installing NTL Broadband. Prior to getting b/band the network worked fine and i could share files and printer without any problem. When i installed the cable modem and tried to share internet, it tells me that my network on the xp side will be set to a certain IP address. This it is, i run the network wizard on the xp machine and then run it on the desktop. I can see the lappy from the desktop but not the desktop from the lappy. I am ubable to share the internet on the desktop. Can anybody help me with a simple tutorial or a guide cos this is doing me head in.....tried everything i can think off without success.......have tried to put xp and win 2000 pro on the desktop but it says there is incompatible hardware and wont let me install. Have tried Win ME, but it is total s***e, caused alsorts of crashes and freezes...
any help appreciated...