CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 03, 2002, 11:43 AM

Default new cdrw won't install software [philips; pcrw1208; win98]

sponsored links

Ok, i have just purchased a new cdrw. I removed my old cd-rom because it was toast and installed the new drive. I hooked up the new drive using the same connections from the old cd-rom. It is recognized sort of. My problem is, it won't install the software from the disk that came with it. The software says that it found the new drive but then it quits. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 03, 2002, 10:37 PM
suspended

Check the installation, particularly the Master/Slave settings. If you're not sure how to do this read my [url=***********.cyrus.troy.btinternet.co.uk/darkman.htm]Burner installation guide
Once that's done you will probably need to install an ASPI layer.
If you are using Win2K read [url=***********.cyrus.troy.btinternet.co.uk/yaa2.htm]This
Otherwise get ForceASPI & ASPI check [url=***********.cyrus.troy.btinternet.co.uk/downloads.htm]here

Let us know how you go.
Old Feb 04, 2002, 11:30 PM
Veteran

Default Re: new cdrw won't install software [philips; pcrw1208; win98]

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by springfling [/i]
[B]Ok, i have just purchased a new cdrw. I removed my old cd-rom because it was toast and installed the new drive. I hooked up the new drive using the same connections from the old cd-rom. It is recognized sort of. My problem is, it won't install the software from the disk that came with it. The software says that it found the new drive but then it quits. Any help would be greatly appreciated. [/B]
I think you mean that Windows detected the drive? If that is the "software" you are talking about, then that is all there is to it.
Look in Device Manager under CDROM/DVDdrives and if
the PCRW1208(K) is listed, you should be fine.
Just remember to enable DMA.

Then all you have to do is install either the Easy CD Creator and DirectCD burning software that came with it, or try other software.