CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 10, 2002, 09:06 PM
Veteran

Default anyone have this problem with imation cd-r?

sponsored links

i remember reading a number of posts here talking about cd-r they burned becoming unreadable in a few months. well, i'm finding some of my 4-5 month old imation audio burns are doing that. it seems the later tracks, usually beyond about track 12, are either not playing at all, or they play a bit then stop. i did keep them in a hot car last summer for probably a month or more. but of thats what caused it, why did they only screw up now, months later? i mostly have used verbatim, but at first i did burn quite a few imations.
so i ask, who else has had this happen, and with what media?

thanks
Old Feb 10, 2002, 09:33 PM
Veteran

Yes,

It actually did happen to a friend of mine with Imation discs. Almost the exact same thing. He had a lot of things like skipping, songs just stopping, his cd player would not recognize the track separation, like if he tried to go to track 10, it would not go there, but if he let track nine play all the way through, it would play through and then play number 10. He had a bunch of disc he left in a jeep all the time over the summer. The Imation were the ones that screwed up most, and also some Office Depot CD's. His Maxell were fine though. In all fairness though, I have used scores of Imations over the years, and I haven't had any trouble whatsoever. That is just me though. Any CD will exhibit problems if abused enough though. So, takr care of 'em, and don't leave them out in the sun!! I have melted plenty of store-bought CD's that way!!

-Zack

[img]***********.mindshatter.com/zack/smanback1.gif[/img]
Old Feb 11, 2002, 11:56 AM

I've been using Imation for a few years without the first problem...of course, I take care of them. I put too much effort into my music library and cd burning to let them get screwed up.

If ANY brand is not taken care of within reasonable limits, they won't last long...and keeping them in the heat all day is a one sure way to do it, among many others.

Don't know why losing of certain tracks as opposed to others would be significant, unless it's some kind of chemical reaction to those tracks occuring after the fact.

Last edited by jimt; Feb 12, 2002 at 12:06 PM.