CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 03, 2002, 05:44 PM

Default .BIN and .CUE files, how to use them? [; ; win2KPro]

sponsored links

I have a set of .bin and .cue files, but I have no idea how to use them. I haven't the slightest idea of where to start with burning them or what program to use. I've downloaded fireburner, but it doesn't recognize my cd writer, (creative 8433E), I have also installed cdrwin 4.0 and it comes up with a message "unable to initialize ASPI manager". I'm currently running Nero v5. Any help with getting these files to work is much appreciated.
Old Feb 03, 2002, 05:54 PM
suspended

I'm going to move this to cdrw where perhaps they can help you.
Old Feb 03, 2002, 06:22 PM
Veteran

There are a few things you can try.

1. Copy the Wnaspi32.dll file from Nero's folder to CDRWin's folder and try again with CDRWin.

2. Use Nero to burn the bin/cue image like it's explained [URL=***********.ahead.de/en/helptool/512.htm#o734]here.

3. Another solution would be to get and install the ASPI layer from [url=***********.cyrus.troy.btinternet.co.uk/downloads.htm][b]Cyrus Troy's Website[/b]. There's a file called ForceASPI.zip. Read carefully the instructions included in the package.

After this at least CDRWin should work.

[IMG]***********.cdrom-guide.com/ubb/4MoDeRaToRs/SiGnAtUrE_ImAgEs/Liru.gif[/IMG]
Old Feb 03, 2002, 07:13 PM

I've read the info about nero and tried burning the files, only to add to my collection of coasters. What I did is burn the .BIN file and .CUE file under a new ISO. When I open the contents of the cd, I have the files just as they apear on my harddrive. How is it that after burning the files, I can install them? Does the setup/installation process just come up? I'm really lost. Thanks for any help.
Old Feb 03, 2002, 08:17 PM
Veteran

Select burn image from the file menu and then open up the cue file and burn.
Old Feb 03, 2002, 08:36 PM

I've got cdrwin 4.0 working, but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be burning these .BIN and . CUE files. Are binary files already considered an image? How should the path be written in the .CUE file? Once again your help is appreciated.