CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 27, 2003, 08:23 PM

Question Anyone Had Problems With Datasafe 4X Printable Disks By Ritek?

sponsored links

Hi All

Two weeks ago I bought 100 printable datasafe 4X disks from Bowlers, Manchester from an Asian chap in the center of the hall. On starting to use them on my Pioneer 105 I noticed odd shaded rings after the burn (made the disk look like the rings of saturn!). On trying to play the disk it seemed to die when it reached the first of the rings. I thought it may be my 105 so I tried one on my friends Pioneer 104 with exactly the same result.

I was wondering if anyone else had come across this before, as at 200 for the 100 disks I bought, it works out a very costly problem?

Cheers All
Old Feb 27, 2003, 08:40 PM

The 4x Ritek disks that I have used ( FWS, Datawrite and Lynxdv ) have all worked at full speed on my 105 with no problems.

You could try a program called 'advdinfo' which will help identify the make of the disk.

Do they have a serial number printed by the very centre of the disk - mine all start e5?
Old Feb 28, 2003, 09:02 AM

Hi

These are exactly the same disks I've been using for the past month (Code L19). I usually buy from a very reliable person at Bowlers (Phil) but he was totally out of stock on the printable disks, so had to look elsewhere at the show. The only stall that seemed to have a good supply was Arndale CD's so had to buy them from there (WISH I HADN'T NOW!!!).

FOR SALE: 200 worth of unrecordable plastic drinks coasters, look perfect, all in sealed packs of 10, but unless your movie is less than 1.5 gb work like S**T.

But on a serious note, I'll try and get my money back on them tomorrow as I got a reciept for them (THANK GOD)