CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > VideoCD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 12, 2002, 02:52 PM
Banned

sponsored links

Sorry it`s not my thread is it, some poor guy that wanted a question answered in an open and as honest way as possible.
Old Mar 12, 2002, 03:13 PM
Banned

XVCD PAL

Video:
up to 3500 kbit/sec MPEG-1
352 x 288 pixels, 720 x 576 pixels
25 frames/second
Audio:
224 kbit/sec MPEG-1 Layer2
Extra:
Menus and chapters
Still pictures in 720x576,352x288

XSVCD PAL

Video:
up to 9800 kbit/sec MPEG-2
720 x 576 pixels
25 frames/second
with up to 4 Subtitles
Audio:
32-384 kbit/sec MPEG-1 Layer2
with up to 2 Audio Tracks
Extra:
Menus and chapters
Still pictures in 720x576,352x288

XVCD NTSC
Video:
up to 3500 kbit/sec MPEG-1
352 x 240 pixels, 720 x 480 pixels
29,97 frames/second
(23,976 frames/second NTSC Film)
Audio:
224 kbit/sec MPEG-1 Layer2
Extra:
Menus and chapters
Still pictures in 720x480,352x240

XSVCD NTSC
Video:
up to 9800 kbit/sec MPEG-2
720 x 480 pixels
29,97 frames/second
(23,976 frames/second NTSC Film)
with up to 4 Subtitles
Audio:
32-384 kbit/sec MPEG-1 Layer2
with up to 2 Audio Tracks
Extra:
Menus and chapters
Still pictures in 720x480,352x240

I can post all the information you want day in and day out

I dont produce XVCD, I dont produce SVCD

I produce high quality DVD multiple playable movies

SVCD is not DVD standard, it can be patched but according to reports then it can produce varying results on DVD playback. Therefore I do not use SVCD why because my product has more compatibilty than SVCD and has more compatibilty than XVCD.

Thank YOU
Old Mar 12, 2002, 03:23 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by SVCD GUY [/i]
[B]Video_arcade

"Myself I dont see how people can get onto 2 CDs with SVCD as the bit rate is much higher than a normal VCD."

Because SVCD allows a VARIABLE BIT RATE as well as CONSTANT BIT RATE. With VCD you are locked into 1150 kb/s - By allowing MORE bits to the more complex parts of the movie and fewer bits to the less complex parts of the movie, you can get 45 min to 60 min per disk and still have enough bit rate for a quality picture. By you even making the above statement shows me how really little you know about the process. I 've done well over 100 SVCD rips - How many VCD's have you done ? My list is at ..

********us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/b4f71266/bc/Movies+on+SVCD.doc?bcpz.28A.Yh2tPvL

Where is your TOTAL list of VCD's you have converted ? - Post the web location ?? I'd like to see it. I bet I can count the number on one hand ...

SVCD GUY [/B]
OK, i dont want to flame this anymore but SVCD Guy might have a big mouth but he speaks the truth. If you dont know how the process goes, then I guess you really dont know how Variable Bitrate works.

No offense, I thought I would rest my case in further discussion on this matter as I have seen your sample and I was just curious to check it out to see what you can offer.

Honestly, I would respect it if I have to. I dont want to be biased.

But first, let me say that you should clearly say that you are making an XVCD and not a compliant VCD. 1150 is not an assumption, hello? Do you really know about it? Increasing it to 1875 will certainly give you a hell lot of difference in the quality thus increasing the size as well. If you encoded it to 1150, then you will see the difference. Try to make an XVCD with a bitrate of 3000 and you will see what I mean.

Your encoded videos are acceptable, I didnt say they were crap. But if you will compare your encoded videos to a properly done SVCD, then you dont really know how to compare. However, you wont really see much if you dont know how to properly make an SVCD.

I dont need to up some samples of SVCD to you as you wont stand corrected. The problem with you is, you will not accept the truth as you sell a hell lot of VCDs. Apparently, you dont have to worry because you will not gain much customers on this website.

I am not speaking for everyone, but I, will not buy VCDs at all. But then again, everyone has their own preference as to what quality they really like. If my DVD players support MPEG4 or I have my pc that can hooked up to my TV then SVCD and VCD are crap for me and I will just be encoding to MPEG4.
Old Mar 12, 2002, 04:35 PM
Veteran

You can say you produce high quality discs but you cant convince everyone to believe you.

I would say you produce average quality, and it is my opinion and maybe different from others. So whatever you can say about you do yours, I have seen a sample of yours and I just gave my opinion on it. You just cant accept the fact that many people dont agree with you because you sell VCDs. LOL

End of discussion.
Old Mar 12, 2002, 05:00 PM
Veteran

Been reading this for a couple of days - all very amusing.
Hope everything is much clearer now Crazyguy - I doubt it somehow.
Assumed this forum was a sort of "help clinic" where people could share views and ideas, not a place for people to say "I am the greatest, no-one can touch me and I'm telling you nothing". More suited to buy, sell or trade really.
Bayag, I hope you don't think xenophobes are endemic in the UK. Served with a lot of your guys in Dhahran (and lost a few friends when Khobar Towers went up) and you spams are ok by me :-)
I should give up on this one though - there's just NO telling some people.

All the best.

P.S Crazyguy, drop me a mail I MAY be able to help you out.

[email]khobar@lineone.net[/email]
Old Mar 12, 2002, 05:20 PM
Banned

Your honesty not worth a comment Khobar,

Your just as arrogant as Bayag so your well suited. When I have seen something you have produced Khobar, then I suggest you hold your comments because I`m not going to bring the same person into it just because of you, but you know what I`m talking about.

Show me your mechandise or take a hike

Last edited by Video_Arcade; Mar 12, 2002 at 05:39 PM.