CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 15, 2003, 12:51 PM

Default Printer Causing Problems on Network.

sponsored links

I have 14 Pcs. All connected to a hub. I have 8 Pcs in one workgroup, 3 in another workgroup and 3 in the other workgroup.

I am having a problem installing a network printer.

When I install the printer on one workgroup - all of the machines in that workgroup can connect to the printer and use it fine via network.

However, the other workgroups are a problem. The printer installs fine on any of the other machines in the other two workgroup (via add network printer etc)while the printer is still connected to a different workgroup. All machines can connect to the printer. Everything is OK. I have managed to connect the printer to one pc in a workgroup and all Pcs in that workgroup and both other workgroups can connect to he printer.

BUT, when I restart the machines in the workgroups that are not directly (ie the first workgroup is connected directly as it has the machine which is connected to the printer) connected to the printer, all printer details are lost - it has in effect - dissapeared.

Hope that isnt too confusing.

To sum up. I have 3 workgroups. Two of them can connect to the printer on the first workgroup - but when the machines in these two workgroups are restarted - all settings have been lost and no printer is installed.

If you've read this far, thanks.

Thanks for the help.