CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 14, 2003, 05:14 AM
Veteran

Default Problem Titles with DVD Shrink

sponsored links

I used DVD Shrink version 3 beta 5 yesterday on 4 dvds and quality was very nice, looked nearly exactly like the original but then last night I tried it on The League of Gentlemen Series 1, I used Deep Anaylsis like I always do and after it had finished I tried it out in PowerDVD and the quality was terrible, as soon as it started I could see squares all over the picture.

I thought it might have been a bad convert so tried again but got the same results.

So afterwards I tried using DVD2one version 1.3.0 and the quality is better, there are no longer squares where there were on the DVD Shrink convert.

I have read posts from people saying DVD Shrink with Deep ****ysis is better than DVD2one but this would seem to prove otherwise, anyone else had a similar problem?
Old Oct 14, 2003, 08:50 AM
suspended

IMHO DVD Shrink is far better than DVD2one on most movies with or without Deep ****ysis.

However....

It does have it's limits and personally I would not back up any large episode DVD's or movies with either. I've backed up LoG S1 & S2 with Pinnacle IC8 and the results are for my eyes perfect. I find that anything less than 75 - 80% of original quality then you do start to notice the difference with the backup copy, depending on what it is of course. With LoG I'm just wondering whether DVD Shrink handled it so badly because there are many dark scenes on that particular disc because although IMO IC8 would produce far better results it should still not be *that* bad using Shrink even on a disc of that size.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 12:59 PM

i only use dvd shrink for movies with compression till level 5.

with big movies i used clone dvd.

i can't see a diference in the picture from the original and the backup.

try it
Old Oct 14, 2003, 01:40 PM
Veteran

Most people have said that the results aren't as good with Clone DVD. I could be wrong though. BTW jay-c it sounds like you are using DVD Shrink V2.3. You should upgrade to V3.0 as it will automatically maximise the quality for the space available on the DVD-R and gives you the deep ****ysis option. I personally find nothing wrong with the quality until it gets down to about 50%. Generally speaking in these cases I just reauthor. It removes all of the extra junk so you can focus on movie quality.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 03:06 PM
Veteran

Well on The League of Gentlemen the quality is defently better through DVD2one than DVD Shrink, I compared the two and could see the difference in quality, I would use IC8 but I dont always have a few hours to spare but when I do have the time I use IC8 as its results are far better than DVD2one or DVD Shrink.

Also, I used DVD Shrink v3 beta 5 on Red Dwarf Series 1 and 2 with Deep ****ysis and the results were excellent, could hardly see any difference, this is what confused me as Red Dwarf and the league of gentlemen have the same number of episodes and are the same length so I would have thought they would be the same quality.