CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 20, 2003, 02:03 PM

Default DVD Shrink 3.0 Quick Method?

sponsored links

Hi All,

I could use some tips using DVD Shrink 3.0 if anyone has the time.

Have been kicking around DVD Shrink 3.0 a bit & I must say itís MUCH Better than DVDXCopy. I implement Deep ****yzing for all of my backups its well worth the extra time it takes to do it.

Maybe I should start out by stating what i can do with this excellent program. Sofar the only quick way I have found is Either......

1. Remove main movie (Re-Author) & edit out credits & Warnings. The End Result of this method is you end up with just the Movie & No Extras or Menu.

2. Keep everything all content in tact by just balancing the Ratio Quality of the extras & main movie Maximizing the Main Movie & Minimizing the Extras. End result is All content of original DVD is in tact but @ the expense of some degradation of video quality.

What I would like to be able to do is Balance Ratio by maximizing quality of main movie then edit out credits & legal warnings & still keep all extras & menus in tact. In other words have the best of both worlds, Maximize Quality & Keep Original Content.

Can this be done?

Thanks for Your Time
Old Oct 20, 2003, 02:37 PM
Veteran

yeah using the dvdshrink/dvdxcopy combo method- search the forum for the previous posts

however IC8 and clone dvd will also do this with less hassle if you want to try those for comparison
Old Oct 20, 2003, 02:52 PM

Thanks for the tip nimbles but I realy want to stick with just using DVD Shrink 3.0

I'm sure some one on this forum has figured a way to do this....
Old Oct 20, 2003, 05:52 PM
Veteran

Well if there is a way I would sure like to know it. To my knowledge it can't be done just using DVD Shrink though.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 02:57 AM

"What I would like to be able to do is Balance Ratio by maximizing quality of main movie then edit out credits & legal warnings & still keep all extras & menus in tact. In other words have the best of both worlds, Maximize Quality & Keep Original Content."

I use version 3 beta 5, which is the latest version I believe. Once you re-author, you cannot keep menus. You can re-encode the extras &menus to a lower quality to maximize the movie's quality.

p.s. you can also split movies with dvd shrink. People are starting to realize it now. For a long movie just reauthor it and make you start point at the beginning of the movie and end point half way through and on the second disc start half way through and go to the end. This way you won't have the stupid diclaimer that dvdxcopy displays. You won't be able to keep the menus because you re-authored.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 04:27 AM
suspended

It can be done now by using a new tool called DVDStripper :- www.dvdstripper.com/

More about that in another thread here:- ***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=259182

Works a treat too!