CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 13, 2002, 01:20 PM

Default First part of Tutorial for Ultimate Xbox!

sponsored links

I intend to type some breif tutorials on setting up a modchip free mega HD equipped Evo Xbox!! I have done the first bit! Flashing the Onboard bios and removing the current modchip bit will follow.

**Important**
For this bit you need ALREADY to have the Evo x 2.2 bios equipped in the Xbox, either by flashing the Onboard or Homebrew.

Any way 'Replacing the Hard Disk'

Replacing the Hard Disk

BEFORE replacing your hard drive you need to prepare your self so DO THIS!!!!

Download DiskPro Lite from "***********.e-mart.com/www/download.html". You will get a single .Exe file called DPCR.EXE, format a Floppy Disk

with 'Copy Sytem Files' or 'Make bootable' checked.

Once done copy the DPCR.exe file on to the disk and run it (from Windows is fine). This disk is the key to the operation, and if the

operation goes slightly wrong the disk only works once! so unless you fancy registering the product keep the original DPCR.exe handy in case

you have to reformat a floppy and make another copy.

Preperation part 2!

Download winHex or IBM drive fitness and 'Zero' ALL the sectors on the disk you will be using as your 'new' Xbox HD. This is done in WinHex

only if you register the product or D/l a crack (use your imagination!)

**IMPORTANT**
IF YOU HAVE SEVERAL HARD DISKS CONNECTED TO YOUR PC (me=6!) THEN TRIPLE CHECK YOU ARE ABOUT TO 'ZERO' FILL THE RIGHT ONE!!!!

Preparation over and its the inevitable physically agressive bit!!!

Sit the Xbox next to your Pc, with both the pc and Xbox open for action! You now have to get the Xbox Hard Drive to open for reading by the

Pc, so this is the best way.

Fire up the Xbox with the internal Xbox HD accessible.
Let it get to the Dashboard, now at this point the Xbox will just sit there, leave the power connector IN the Xbox Drive but take out the IDE

cable, leave the Xbox powered up.

Now boot up the PC with the 'Zero' filled drive that will be your new Xbox drive plugged in to either of the primary or secondry ide ports.

At the point at which your PC gets to the memory checking part, Pause the Pc with the Pause key, normally just to the right of the 'Function

Keys', this will leave it 'waiting'.

Now take a spare ide lead (on board ide not sure addin ide will work as unless it has dos drivers) FROM the Pc and plug it in to the real

Xbox HD, now both drives are connect to the Pc and you are ready to allow the Pc to continue and boot the Floppy you prepared ( it will now

be read by the bios screen and due to it never powering down, it still will allow reading because it thinks its connected to the Xbox still)

When Disk Pro lite boots from the floppy Type 'Diskpro' and return, at the menu use the option 4 to find which drive has which ID.

**IMPORTANT**
WRITE DOWN THE ID'S AND DONT MESS UP, YOU CAN EASILY GET THE DRIVE WRONG AND WIPE YOUR XBOX DRIVE!!

Once satisfied that you are clear, go to option 1 'Express' cloning, type in VERY VERY carefully the device ID'd for the 2 hard disks, source

and destination, PLEASE BE CAREFUL get this wrong and you have had it (one HD image being posted to the newsgroups, coming up!

Once drive ID's are entered, press return and this will start about the 'bit for bit' copying of your xbox drive to the new 'Zero' filled

drive, when it finishes ( for me 3 Hrs!!) you will have a another, presumably larger HD.

Put it in to the xbox and try to boot up the machine, if it boots carry on if not we will see your post!!!

Formatting the 'F:' partition with all the space on it!!

This is done amazingly by FTP!! Load up your flavour of FTP program and log on to the Xbox, the send these RAW commands:

Formatpath \Device\Harddisk0\Partition6

This will send you back to screen a key, this key is needed for the next command, and will be 8 letters in length, type the following:

Formatdrive key

The drive will now be formatted and very, very ready for Halo, PGR, Fifa WC Etc!!!!

**Important**

I did NOT dream up this way of doing this, some one very clever did (I am certainly not clever!) I thank EvolutionX Team, Adam Branom, mhill, Buster and anyone else involved.

More bits to follow i am off to the pub for a bit!
Old Jul 13, 2002, 01:21 PM

For the next bit i will need to supply Jpegs for wire points, how best can i do this?

CO
Old Jul 13, 2002, 03:00 PM
Veteran

Whooaaaa,

Dont know about anyone else but my ringer was winking just reading that. LOL
Old Jul 13, 2002, 03:25 PM

Its more of a rapid twitching ringer when you do it!!!!

CO
Old Jul 13, 2002, 04:06 PM

can't wait for the flash info mate...
Old Jul 13, 2002, 04:17 PM

Got the Flash info all ready to go but i need to be able to post Jpegs for the two pins needed. Can anyone advise how i get pictures in my post?

CO