CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 09, 2003, 01:56 PM

Default XBOX dead but have no idea why???

sponsored links

I have an xecuter2 Lite chip installed on my v1.1 xbox with the latest evox dash. I was playing buffy off the harddisk and then did a joypad reset. When the xbox reset it hung on the logo and the dvd drive would not open. Any ideas??

Any help appreciated
Old Jan 09, 2003, 02:20 PM

Chip come loose? seems strange as it should not boot to the logo if the bios does not start up at all?

I would first check the connections, as they may have soldered the lpc wires on and maybe if one came loose ( 9 wires ) maybe this would be the result ( partial bios take over?)

check the connections is def the first step.

Good luck

CO
Old Jan 11, 2003, 09:00 AM

Took the chip out and put the original harddisk back in and it still did it, so I guess it just went faulty Guess I'll have to go get a new one.