CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 02, 2003, 08:22 PM

Default problems recognizing CDRW

sponsored links

I've got a Toshiba SD-R2002 combo drive (DVD/CDRW). I'm having problems recognizing the CDRW media. I used Nero to burn files onto a CDRW and after burning was successful, I put it in my drive to see the contents. It worked fine. When I restarted and tried to access the CD, I got a blank window. It showed the contents as empty. When i openned nero and click medium info, it said that the CDRW was blank. Since that one time it worked, i can't get Nero, or windows to open the CDRW. I've tried burning other CDRWs and I still get the same problem. Anybody got any ideas?
Old Mar 03, 2003, 02:21 PM
Veteran

Greets Have You Checked the Aspi Layer ?
What Os are you using?
Win2k & Xp Have no Aspi Layer isstalled!!
Is it Only CDRW's? Will It read Cdr's?
Are You Muti-session these Disk?
"IF" you are multi-sessioning the Disk when you Continue the session does Nero see the other Tracks?
Has this ALWAYS been an Issue!!(Did it Only work the 1 time ....... or Did it work all the Time then just quit or NEVER WORKED )
Has there Been a Hardware/System change?( that May Have caused this?)
Try Grabbing A copy of Isobuster to see If IT Can SEE What Was Writen to the Disk To Make sure the Contents is Actually been written to the disk my guess it is but there is NO TOC " table of contents" so it's seeing the disk as blank!!

Suggestion 1. Try Upgrading Nero see if that Helps
2. Try another Burn Program
Sometimes certain issues with some software and some hardware that CAN NOT BE CHANGED.... like how the toc is written with certain software by certain hardware!!
Old Mar 03, 2003, 02:32 PM
Veteran

P.S. You May Also Do A COMPLETE cdrw Erase....... then Write a Few files Closing /Finalizing the Disk and see if it can recognize the disk!