CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 25, 2002, 03:02 AM

Default Teac 540E DAE probs. [Athlon AMD ; 1.3 gig; winME]

sponsored links

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help?

Just installed a Teac 540E Cd rom dive. It's supposed to extract audio at x 30 but I can't get more than x 10. I've installed the latest firmware & the cd speed program. I'm using AudioGrabber 1.81 and if I switch to my Plextor 12/10/32A, I get about x 27. If I enable DMA the pc locks up. I've tried other DAE progs but the results are the same.

Any help would be appreciated.

Win ME. 1.3 gig Athlon AMD. 256 Meg Ram.

Thank you

Scrote
Old Feb 25, 2002, 03:08 AM
suspended

Get CD Speed here ***********.cdspeed2000.com/go.php3?link=daetest.html to test the DAE capability of your drive.
Old Feb 25, 2002, 05:07 AM

Thanx Van Nugent, I'll check it tonite!

S
Old Feb 25, 2002, 02:11 PM
Veteran

With the Teac you need to use their utility to turn the speed up to Max and then open and close the tray from there via the button, in order for it to take effect.
***********.teac.com/DSPD/support/cdrom_drives/ide_cd-rom_firmware.htm
Old Feb 26, 2002, 02:56 AM

Thanx Hoss,

I have tried this mate, but I still can't get more than x 10.78 !

I going to get on to Teac UK today and see what they say. This is a bummer really, I bought the drive purely on it's promise of fast DAE!

Thanx again lads.

Jimbo
Old Feb 26, 2002, 08:58 AM

i just got the Teac CD-540E last week... it's a great drive, IMO, in terms of DAE.

to get the 30x DAE, you need to go to the following URL and download the FIRMWARE update (3.0a) and also the expansion utility (to set the maximum speed setting)...

go here:

***********.teac.co.jp/dspd/download/firmware/cd-rom/cd540e/fwcdrome.html

scroll down to the bottom of the page, download each file. now, make sure that you have "Auto Insert Notification" and "Disconnect" and "DMA" unchecked (Right-click on the My Computer icon, then click on the "Device Manager" tab > then click on CDROM and Right-click on your Teac CDROM > then click Properties)...

then run the Firmware update, and click "Yes" when it prompts you to restart your computer. after your computer restarts, run the speed utility, and set it to the maximum setting.

then reboot your computer, and put a checkmark for DMA, and reboot your computer (one last time ;-)).

after doing this, your drive should be able to rip a 79 minute audio CD right at 3 minutes 19 seconds (mine does) or even faster (this is using Exact Audio Copy in Secure mode, which is a bit slower than the drive's capability due to secure extraction).

hope this helps, let us know how you get along with updating the firmware.

-Larry

Last edited by Larry; Feb 26, 2002 at 09:02 AM.