CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 20, 2002, 08:21 PM

Default NEO4 chipped PS2 doesnt read real games

sponsored links

i have a ver.4 PS2 that is chipped with a NEO4. i've been using it for some time now but it doesn't read some of the real real games anymore. the cd based games (the ones with the blue backs) do not load, it says that a PSone game is loaded instead of a PS2 game and when i try to load it as a PSone game, it doesnt load. the screen becomes black and that's it, i dont even hear the PS2 trying to read the disc or anything. the dvd based games work fine as do all my backup games, cdr and dvdr. it's just the cd based real games...can anyone help me out?
Old Aug 20, 2002, 09:46 PM

sometimes you have to hold on the reset button
Old Aug 20, 2002, 11:13 PM
Veteran

It's strange that the copies will play and not originals, but it may just be a dirty laser. I've seen stranger things... just get a DVD brush laser cleaner and see if that helps. Sometimes you have to take them apart and physically clean the laser though. If that doesn't work, there is a pot. to adjust inside the unit, but that's not recommended...
Old Aug 21, 2002, 11:06 AM

I have the same problem. The sharkport CD I own has is a blue bottom disc and does not load with my PS2/Neo4.
Old Aug 21, 2002, 11:30 AM
Veteran

Yes, there is a problem with the NEO4 and being able to read original games and the GameShark, etc. I never heard of it happening after the system has already worked ok though, per the original post. Usually, you'd know immediately after chip install. I've never heard of a fix, just burn your CD games to CDR and play them that way...
Old Aug 21, 2002, 02:14 PM

so is burning a PS2 game onto a cdr the same as burninga music cd? just the cd based games.