CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 17, 2002, 03:44 PM

Default live and evoX

sponsored links

alright, i got the new beta discs sometime last week. it updated my dash, thus removing my evolution X. now will xbox live work with a evoX dash? or does it have to be the xbl updated dash? now what i did was put evoX and my menu setting on a cd-rw. but most of you know that cd-rw's aren't exactly that reliable. of the say 20 times i've booted up to my evoX cd-rw, evoX has come up only about twice. my main uses for it are for xbmp and to copy games. now a question. if i boot up and evoX does come up, and i connect to my xbox via ftp...when i pop out the evoX disc and put in a game, will it still let me connect? or will it reset? since i have a 10% chance of booting up to evoX i haven't had the opportunity of trying this yet. just wanted some feedback from guys who have experimented with evoX and the new xbl updated dash. get back to me with some ideas. thanks.

jb
Old Oct 20, 2002, 04:44 AM

okay, nobody really replied. it's okay though. in case anyone is curious, i went ahead and burned evoX on a cd-rw and put it back onto my xbox. did everything i did the first time. i didn't expect any problems while playing live with the modified evoX dashboard and the live dashboard at the same time, but had to try it. nothing else to write...

jb