CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 02, 2003, 08:54 PM
Veteran

Default Problems with burning WWE Smackdown:Here Comes the Pain...

sponsored links

Hey guys, I changed the music in the game, and every time I try to boot it, it always stays at the memory card screen....I tried burning the game with nero(I copied the original game from DVD to harddrive without using isos or anything)with no multisession, and I tried again with udf/iso, and I still have the same problem...any help? Is there an option I forgot to select?
Old Dec 02, 2003, 09:03 PM

i use this works for me

Prassi PrimoDVD2.0 Walkthrough

1. When you start PrimoDVD2 you will get the PrimoDVD Starter window, just click the "Go to Full Application"

2. In the Left of this window it will list ur drives, select ur DVD burner and right click

3. In this menu select "Build Global Image"

4. In this window leave all default settings except for the following:
a) In the Global image box type the destination & name of the image file to be created
b) In the Reading Speed box select MIN

5. Click the "Build" button and leave ur PC for a while and you will b left with the image file(s)

6. Insert a blank quality DVD-R, go to Full Application window again and click on "Global Image or Other Image" icon

7. Double click ur DVD burner so a red arrow appears next to it

8. Select ur image file

9. Set write speed to x1

10. Select "Test and if ok record" (once u have successfully done a few you can just select "Record" but best to test the first few you do)

11. Click the red record button

12. Go have a cup of tea

FAQ's

Q Does it make a difference what media I use?

A Yes. If you are burning PS2 games you want a high quality media, Verbatim is an excelent choice but if u find these too expensive the purple logo TraxData DVD-R's are pretty good too. Remember that cheap media may work but will be wearing your laser faster than a quality media so dont say I didnt warn you.

Q I cant seem to copy a game larger than 2.0GB.

A This is because your operating system is FAT32 which limits file sizes to a maximum of 2.0GB. To get round this there are Primo PX Engine upgrades which are available and this will break down the image file into sections so that it is never bigger than 2.0GB.

Q Since installing the updates I sometimes get more than one GI file... how do I burn these onto one DVD-R?

A PrimoDVD2 will only let you select the correct one to burn which is the one NOT prefixed with a number in brackets.

Q My burner is not recognised by PrimoDVD 2.0

A download and install all the PX Engine updates for PrimoDVD. If you still have problems getting your burner recognised then try RecordNow Max as it is almost identicle to PrimoDVD but has more burner support.

Last edited by dallen44; Dec 02, 2003 at 09:07 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2003, 11:12 PM
Veteran

Mine works too, although I haven't changed the music, that may be the problem.
Old Dec 02, 2003, 11:20 PM

I have the same problem too, Ivanhoe. I burned it the same way you did with Nero (UDF/ISO) and it froze at the loading screen. So I burned it a 2nd time and it loaded fine but when I tried to preview the new themes only a handful worked.
Old Dec 03, 2003, 12:09 AM
Veteran

I'll try to reburn it a third time with the method that dallen described once I get some more dvdrs. One question about when you change the music: When using ASFexplorer to change the themes, after it says that the theme(s) were successfully changed, do you need to do anything else? Or can you just exit there?
Old Dec 03, 2003, 11:51 AM

After the themes are changed you don't need to do anything else.