CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Audio CDs & MP3
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 08, 2002, 02:20 AM

Default audio + data mixed cd question

sponsored links

hi, ok this is what im trying to do;

i have a high-quality mp3 rip of an album

i want to have the extracted wavs of the mp3s burnt as an audio cd, but also include a folder with the mp3 rip & also more mp3s/data to the cd so that it can be played in a stereo & also put in a pc and the data copied off of it..

ive so far wasted 2 cd's trying, ive burnt them successfully, except the data is put as the first track on the cd, and obviously it is just silence when put in a stereo, and nobody wants a silent track going for several minutes at the beginning of their audio cd..

is there a way to do this properly, like have the data portion not recognised in a stereo as a track, or at the very least have it at the END of the audio tracks? and what is it, because i cannot work it out for the life of me :\

thanks for any help
Old Dec 08, 2002, 02:53 AM
suspended

Check the sticky Audio FAQ's for CD Extra CD (Enhanced CD) Burning.
Old Dec 08, 2002, 03:00 AM

ahh cool cheers, i had a looksie before but had no idea what to look for exactly
Old Dec 08, 2002, 01:51 PM
suspended

Look in the Burning Related section of the sticky Audio FAQ's. I have a Q/A on "What's CD-Extra CD (Enhanced CD)? How to burn a CD-Extra CD?" which explains how to burn a CD that contains both music & data parts. The key is to use CD Extra (Enhanced) CD mode and not to use Mixed Mode CD mode.