CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 07, 2002, 12:12 PM

Default weird gameselector problem.....

sponsored links

Just wondering if anyone can help figure out whats going on here. I'm using dvd-rw's to make a few compilation discs of my games. The problem is that most of them give me a 'your disc is dirty' error when trying to load the game. The weird thing is that if I don't use the game selector and just load a single game to the dvd-rw (the same dvd-rw that gives me the dirty disc error) the game plays perfectly. Could this have something to do with the game not residing in the top level directory of this disc? It could also be that I'm using relatively cheap dvd-rw's, but if I burn it as a single game I've never had the dirty disc error. Anyway, it's really not that important I was just curious if perhaps there were some limitations to the way in which the gameselector lauches xbe files similar to how some games need to be patched to run correctly from the hard drive?
Old Nov 07, 2002, 04:34 PM
Veteran

Some games needs or checks the original TOC from the disk, so if you put other files (i.e. games) it wouldn't boot. I had similler problem with 'House of Dead 3' it about 900mb and i tried to put MotoGP on the same disk, MotoGP booted perfectly but HOD3 hung on the loading screen...
Old Nov 08, 2002, 09:22 AM
Veteran

Damn. so is there no way to tell which games check the toc? without having to burn and hope for the best.

I made a 5 multi yesterday, and as above only 1 game worked, all the others hung on the loading screen too.
Old Nov 08, 2002, 09:42 AM

The thing I don't understand is why any of these games work when running from the hard drive. If it works from the hard drive (say in e:/games/pacman) it should work with the game selector (d:/pacman), but that doesn't appear to be the case.
Old Nov 08, 2002, 10:43 AM
Veteran

That has always bugged me aswell mate, it makes no sense to me at all, anybody got any ideas?

Peace

Cal_G
Old Nov 09, 2002, 12:18 AM
Veteran

Ya, it's damn wierd......try test with DVD-RW, but such waste of time.