CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 06, 2003, 10:30 AM

Default Weird M2 PRO problem on V4 PS2

sponsored links

Just finished installing an M2 on a V4 PS2. I power everything on and everything seems to go fine. I put in a DVD-r backup and it loads first try. Then to test another game, I push eject, put in another game and then press reset. What I got wasn't as expected. The PS2 went into the whole "just out of the box" sequence, with the PS2 logo appearing, then all the settings to be adjusted, language, time zone, etc. The motor would also not be spinning. I took everything apart and looked to see what was wrong. Checked all my wires with a multimeter and they are fine, no bad connections or bridges. I reassembled everything and guess what, it was fine again, booted a CD-r this time first try. Took the game out and powered the console off. When I powered it on again, same problem. I tried to resolder all my wires, now there's no video. The reset/eject lights are on, the motor does not spin, and the laser is desperately checking to see if there's a disc in the tray.
Old Feb 06, 2003, 10:35 AM
Veteran

The reset to factory thing is a sign of bridged points, especially on the BIOS. What you're looking for is the M,N,O,P,Q,R,T,U,V,W points (I think that's all, I'm not looking at a chip now though). Check and see if one of the legs is soldered to the one next to it...