CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 02, 2004, 02:11 AM

Default Tray won't eject

sponsored links

My tray will no longer eject on my V1 PS2. I was doing the fishing wire mod and now the tray wonít eject. I have done this mod many times and I guess this last time was too much for it. I canít tell if itís the motor or the controller chip or even the little plastic switch.

When i hit the eject button the unit will load the tray. When the switch, a tiny piece of plastic that lets the system know the tray is in, is activated and the eject button pressed the motor does nothing. The eject button flashes and the laser moves but the motor just sits. My brother refuses to let me open his up to see how a working PS2 should eject the tray.

I'm fairly certain it's not the ribbon as the eject button causes the motor to spin to take in the tray.

If it is the tray motor does anybody know where I can get one? I see the CD controller chip every where but I have yet to run across this motor.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

HAHA
Finally found a site with motor for $9.95. I know many of you will say trash the V1 and get a newer version PS2. Well, If it's only gonna cost me $10 I would much rather do this.

Last edited by Jules343; Jan 02, 2004 at 02:25 AM.