CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 21, 2002, 11:19 PM

Default PPF file?

sponsored links

in a prob what is to be an unsuccessful attempt to patch 007 agent under fire i have downloaded the PPF-o-matic v2 , under bin file i put the patch, but what do i put under ppf file, and when i press apply what am i applying to, the burner?
I know these are prob stupid questions, but i really dont know what im doing, so any help is appreciated
thanks
Old Jul 21, 2002, 11:49 PM
Veteran

Why would you put the patch as the bin file?You have to select the bin file in the bin field.And the ppf file in the patch field.And then you can apply the patch to the bin file.
Old Jul 22, 2002, 01:08 AM

Am i suppose to find the ppf file, and the bin file off the game itself?
Old Jul 22, 2002, 01:12 AM
Veteran

What do you mean?This is what i always do.Start up ppf-o-matic v3(i don't have v2)and then on the filed that sais iso file click on the disc next to it,and search for the bin file and doubleclick it.Then below it you'll see a filed that sais patch.Click on the disc next to it and search for the ppf file.Then just click on apply and it'll patch the file.

EDIT:I think i know what your problem is though.Seems like some people think that games get patched by themselves.That is not so though.You have to download the patch file from the net.EVERY game has a different one.
Old Jul 22, 2002, 01:16 AM
Veteran

Try finding some patches here

***********.hgb-leipzig.de/~spiv/ps2/patches/

And here

***********.gamefreax.de/cgi-bin/gamefreax/patches.pl

Make sure you download the one for your version of the game.Pal patches don't work on ntsc consoles i think.