CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 17, 2002, 10:44 AM

Unhappy Mixing Mp3 togther to make one song

sponsored links

This may be a little off the subject but I have some mastermix Cds and they
are in mp3 format and some of the cds have about 15 song that are mixed together that are soposed to be one song but its seprate tracks I
some of you reading this are probably lost..

ok..let me try again..

when you are listening to a song that is cut into another song with the beat ,thats what I mean when I say a mixed song...well the way it is on the cd
its separate mp3 for all the songs they need to be blended without that 3 second delay inbetween each song...it needs to one (20 min song..)

hope your not lost I lost trying to explain this...

well now for the ????

what program can I use to blend these mp3 files into one long song..
instead of 15 track 1 Track...
Old Mar 17, 2002, 03:46 PM
Veteran

Use CDRWIN and eliminate the 2 second gap. I think the default for burning multiple bins is no pregap. If the Disk Layout shows a pregap between songs, you can edit it with a text editor.
Old Mar 18, 2002, 12:54 AM

so I can't do it in a mp3 format..?? or do I have to burn it first then reburn it again with the setting.. no pregap...Sorry if I sound like a idiot...
is there a easyier way? with another program just draging then in a
a row and burning them..
I have acid my wife bought it for me last year (still sitting in the box though)
do you know if that prg..does that? thanks for your help on the cdrwin though...I be really lost without this forum...
Old Mar 18, 2002, 02:35 AM
Veteran

I'm assuming you want to burn a CD+G CD with the MP3s. If so you cannot just combine the MP3s you have to also combine the cdg files. Furthermore if you combine all the files and burn them as one track, you will only have one track on the CD, and not be able to select individual tracks. What I think you want is what the MP3s were ripped from, multiple tracks with no gap between them.

In any case you need to combine the MP3s with a CDG file to produce a bin file. There is no predicting what the results will be if you just join the MP3s and the cdgs to create 1 bin file. However if you generate 15 bins, one from each pair of MP3s and CDGs on the CD from Mastermix, you can burn them without a gap as if they were one continuous track. I assume they were 15 tracks originally since Mastermix ripped them to 15 pairs of MP3/CDG files. If they were one track they would have been ripped to one MP3/CDG.

Check the FAQ in the dropdown menu for information on converting the MP3/CDG files to a bin file for burning with CDRWIN.
Old Mar 18, 2002, 03:56 PM

not mastermix the person....
its not cd+g I am trying to combine...
It's a Mastermix album that I recieved that was that had a total of about 15 tracks that were mix together( like when you Dj in a club) a total of running time about 25 min song...the Problem I have when I got the album it was converted into mp3 format...ok now the problem is it is 15 mp3s..it supposed to be one. so when it starts to cut into the other song its has that 2-3 second break because its going to the next track...
What I want to do is combine all together so there is no 2-3 second breaks
the song orig..it was one continuous song at one time....
Sorry if i sound like I a nut...
Do you understand what I am say yet??
Old Mar 18, 2002, 06:18 PM
Veteran

You don't sound like a nut but you posted in the wrong forum, since this forum doesn't deal with MP3s unless they are MP3+G for Karaoke.

However, the situation I described concerning multiple tracks still applies. The original Mastermix album is most likely made up of 15 individual tracks, not a single track. The 15 tracks were probably created with no gap between them. If they were all one track they would have have likely been ripped to a single MP3.

This simplifies the problem however. Are you burning these to an Audio CD, or MP3 CD or just playing them on the hard drive? Each case may require a different solution. If burning to an Audio CD you definately not want to combine the MP3s. You will want to use burnware that will eliminate the gap (set it to 0 seconds).

Most audio CD burnware has this option including Nero, Easy CD Creator and Feurio. If burning to an MP3 CD you should consider whether the intended MP3 CD player(s) have the capability to optionally playback MP3s without a gap between them.

If playing only on the hard drive you can use WinAmp and download the [url=***********.winamp.com/plugins/detail.jhtml?componentId=11282]Dudsoft Gapless plug-in to eliminate the gaps on playback. This will enable you to avoid combining the files, and let you skip to any of the 15 MP3s quickly.

You may find there is a short section of silence at the end of the Mp3s which you will want to remove regardless whether you combine the MPs or simply remove the gap. You can use [url=***********.logiccell.com/~mp3trim/]MP3Trim for this.