CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 02, 2002, 04:29 AM

Cool Everyone having trouble getting a burning method right for Homemade Xbox games, LOOK!

sponsored links

Ok

After making 30 dollars worth of DVDR coasters, I finally figured out the method to ripping games with evox and burning onto DVDR.

First off, FORGET Xiso and all the other iso tool makers they suck.

Here is my own step by step tutorial on getting the perfect copy

Step 1: Download XBCopy from you local xbox site.

Step 2: Upload it to your xbox and test it and it should be able to run off the harddrive.

Step 3: Put in Original Xbox Game to Xbox drive, then access XBcopy, and it will give you options to copy from your Xbox D: Drive, to your Xbox E: Drive.

Step Four: Let the files transfer to your E: drive with XBCopy from your Xbox DVD Drive,

**Note that you cannot do this without XBCopy, and you will be getting like 10MB a sec, with it :-)****

Step Five: Once Transfered, Copy the files from your Xbox E: Drive to your PC HD via FlashFXP.

***Note the reason for this is that the reason why people cant get there backups going, is becuase when u transfer from Xbox DVD Drive to PC, files get missing and incomplete, its a fact it happened with my doa3, it took me 10 dvdrs later to realise***

Step Six: So you have all your full game on the HD of ya PC, now open up Prassi Primo DVD:

If you have the wizard enabled, click 'Goto Full Application'
Goto File --> New Job --> Data Disc
Drag the Files under that temp directory into the Window area on the right
Goto Edit --> Recording Options
Set all options to the following:

Pre-Mastering Cache: Cache files small than 16kb
File Date and Time: Orignal File Date and Time
Check "When loading a track, if a file already exists, substitute it only if it is newer"

CD
Recording type: Disc at Once (DAO), Closed
Mode: Mode 1
File System Type: UDF - Up to 128 in the filename length, any char., plus 8+3 tree (Bridge)

DVD
Recording type: Disc at Once (DAO), Closed
File System Type: UDF - Up to 128 in the filename length, any char., plus 8+3 tree (Bridge)

everything else blank.

Step Seven:
This works 100% for me on DVD-R media, just
-make sure that you structure the disc so that the root dir of the game is the true root dir of the disc you burn.

The easiest way to do that is to just take the folder you've created with
-the game inside and add it to the data disc, then right-click it and choose
-'Modify folder on disc' and click the 'Root' button. Click root on the folder and the defaul.xbe.

For Example, doa3 has no folders, so just highlight all the files and root them (yes root them, but not in that way you sick freak
If you have a game like Jet Set Radio, with a Media Folder and default.xbe, root the folder and the file after you have dragged it in.

Step Eight: Burn at whatever speed you are comftible with, I burn at 2X

There you go 8 easy steps and you have a working copy of ya BACKED UP xbox game.
Remember If you dont own the original destroy your expensive DVDR, ok?

:-)

I mad this tutorial myself so If anyone uses it reply to this post and tell me how you got along

Thanks

Peace

Snoopn

Old Aug 02, 2002, 07:20 AM
Veteran

Look in the FAQ folder mate, sorry to say but I beat you to the burning process a long time ago

Peace

Cal_G
Old Aug 02, 2002, 07:21 AM

hmm fair enough
Old Aug 02, 2002, 07:26 AM

oh yeah and Cal G

i have tried your method, it doest explain ripping the games aswell

read a little bit more before you make comments like that

no hard feelings!!!
Old Aug 02, 2002, 08:14 AM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Cal_G_UK [/i]
[B]Look in the FAQ folder mate, sorry to say but I beat you to the burning process a long time ago

Peace

Cal_G [/B]
please! don't flame people unless you know what you are talking about.
''snoopn'' was just giving helpfull F.A.Q.? on how to make a backup and here you go jumping down his throut.just have another look at your tutorial,you don't even explain how to doit correct.

peece...

this was only my opinion,not a flame...
Old Aug 02, 2002, 08:14 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Cal_G_UK [/i]
[B]Look in the FAQ folder mate, sorry to say but I beat you to the burning process a long time ago [/B]
It says "burning process" nowere does it mention ripping, i never claimed it to be a ripping guide because its not.

I advise you look a bit closer next time mate before you comment on something that is not even there.

This is in no way a flame, just pointing something out. No hard feelings.

clownbow please dont turn this into a flame, your opinion makes my post look like it was nasty, thats not the way it was meant to be. Can you explain what dont work about my tutorial please?

peace

Cal_G

Last edited by Cal_G_UK; Aug 02, 2002 at 08:20 AM.