CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Audio CDs & MP3
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 18, 2002, 03:58 AM

Unhappy Power DVD Problem witn MP3's!

sponsored links

I tried the Power DVD 4 and I like it alot. Lot's of improvements, but.......I can't play MP3's and Wav's when I have configured Power DVD to use 4 or 6 speakers. But if I change to 2 speakers it works!! But then I can't use the Pro Logic 2 feature.

Winamp and Mediaplayer are no problems. They can both play no matter how many speakers I'm using.

I have a Creative SB Live 5.1 and a Sigma Design Mpeg2 card. Together with a GeFroce2 MX400.
Old Jan 18, 2002, 11:30 AM
Veteran

Lightbulb

Dolby Prologic Sound must be encoded in the media being played. Since music MP3s and Wave files will not have this encoding, Dolby Prologic will not function. When played by WinAmp or WMP you are simply getting 4 to 6 speaker sound but not surround sound. This is similar to playing a mono sound source, it can use stereo speakers but will not play in stereo, both speakers will play exactly the same content.
Old Jan 19, 2002, 03:32 AM
suspended

Unlike Dolby Pro Logic, which requires the source to be encoded with Dolby Pro Logic surround, Dolby Pro Logic II will let you enjoy 5.1 surround sound with ANY stereo source. That includes your stereo cassettes, CD's, MP3s, WAV's... For home stereo, there are many AV receivers that have this Dolby Pro Logic II decoder. For PC, with software that supports Dolby Pro Logic II such as PowerDVD 4.0, a multi channel soundcard and speaker set, you can enjoy 4 or 6 channel sound from your 2 channel (stereo) music from audio CDs, MP3s, WAVs, etc.

You may need to check this hardware compatibility page from CyberLink PowerDVD: ***********.gocyberlink.com/english/products/powerdvd/hardware_compatibility.jsp .