CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 19, 2002, 04:49 PM

Default Boot disc help

sponsored links

Being a total newbie, I was hoping someone could help me out. I bought a psx bootdisc for my son. I got some games to try, and while the boot disc loads the games won't play. I get to the screen that says insert import and hit start. I hit start and nothing. Should these games play with the boot disc and can any one give me any hints on how to make them work? I have a very upset son!
Old Sep 19, 2002, 09:07 PM
Veteran

If your referring to a PSXchange, or some similiar disc, then those are only for booting imports. Lots and lots of people will swear to you that they boot backups, but as you can see, they don't. We used to sell them in our EB store, and I even tried one out for kicks. No luck though. If your psx will support a plug-mod (which is what I use) then get one of those. Otherwise, you'll need to install an internal chip.
Old Sep 22, 2002, 12:02 PM

Is it the PSXchange disc?
I have 2 of the PSXchange discs and they play just about everything i throw at it.
The only game i have problems with is Hary Potter.PSXchange version pal 1 will play it,PSXchange version pal 2 wont.
Are you using the spring or the white plastic insert correctly depending on the model you have?
Are the games ok have you tried them on another psx that you know will play copies.
These discs do work on the 100+ games i have
Old Sep 22, 2002, 01:16 PM

Everything seems to be set up correctly, I have the spring in and the boot disc will load. It just won't play the games. It isn't the PS-xchange disc.It is just called boot disc version 2.It states it should play copies, but the four games that I have to try will not work. I haven't tested them on another play station because I don't have any way to do that. I don't want to buy another bootdisc if they aren't going to work. Is there a difference in my boot disc and the psxchange disc?
Old Sep 22, 2002, 01:39 PM

Take it back wherever you got it from and go to your local compurer fair and look for the ps-X-change disc it will cost between 8 & 12.
Has your son got any mates with a chipped psx where you can try the games or borrow a disc that is known to work on a chipped psx.
Failing that have your psx chipped.
Old Sep 22, 2002, 01:46 PM

Does anyone know if the plug mod, or game enhancer, works?