CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 10, 2003, 12:51 PM

Default CDRW LG-8520B Cannot hear any sound out of the headphone jack

sponsored links

I have the CDRW LG-8520B and cannot hear any sound out of the headphone jack. I tried the headphones on my older cd player and it works fine with the audio (store bought) cd.
I tried the same thing at work with LG-8520B and cannot heard audio out of the cdrw units. If I plug the headphone into the output of the sound card, I can hear audio on all of the systems. The operating sytems used are windows 2000, windows 98se and windows xp pro.
Old Jun 12, 2003, 05:00 AM
Veteran

Unfortunately it makes no difference which OS you are using as this is all self-contained within the burner. If it has a volume control try adjusting it. Otherwise there is nothing to be done other than disassembling the unit to troubleshoot or replacing the unit. You might also want to try another headphone set in case there is a contact proble between the two components.