CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 03, 2003, 10:52 AM

Default DVD copying problem - works fine on one player won't work on others

sponsored links

Help Please

I've got a problem where I copy a dvd that reads fine on all my players. I pass it on to another person who has never had a problem reading anything I've copied before and it won't read on his player.

We've done all the obvious things like try other dvdr that I've done in the past and they work fine, yet anything I now do for him won't work at all.

I take them back to mine and other DVD Players and they read / play no problem.

His player is a wharfdale and the only other person who can't read them is using a ps2. I have a pacific but have also read them fine in a toshiba which is so old I would have thought if any that would be the one not to work.

I'm using a Pioneer 104 and datawrite greys and yellows. I've tried writing with both Prassi DVD and Nero (as a last resort) I only ever copy 1x

The films in question are Piglet, Bruce almighty Quadrophenia and Life of Brian.

Could it be a media problem or the way the films are encoded (Ihave tried re-encoding them which again work fine in mine but not in the other)or perhaps my writer.? The thing is why would they work fine in some and not in others that read and play other dvdr no problem?

Any advice would be really appreciated
Old Jul 03, 2003, 11:13 AM
Veteran

I would try riteks, if they play in yours and his, media is probably the issue. His dvd laser might gettng weaker also.
Old Jul 03, 2003, 11:25 AM

Thanks

I'll try some riteks but haven't had much luck with them in the past.

I should have pointed out that all the others that do still work on his player (some only done within the last few weeks) were also on datawrites and they all work fine.

cheers
Old Jul 03, 2003, 03:59 PM
Veteran

I have similar issues with Princo media (same dye as datawrite yellows but not sure if it is the same as the greys). Most play fine but some have some serious issues with reading.
Old Jul 03, 2003, 06:28 PM
Veteran

Datawrite Greys are TDK disks and are usually more reliable than the yellows (Princos) or at least they are in my 104.

Never been happy with Princos myself, I would agree with Mr. Snatcher and go for Riteks, as these are more reliable all round.