CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 16, 2003, 01:48 PM

Question System restore not working with 2 HDs

sponsored links

I have 2 drives on my machine with XP Professional loaded on the primary drive. For some reason System Restore is monitoring only the second drive. I just reformatted that drive and now there is absolutely nothing on it. However, system restore is still monitoring that drive and only that. I removed the second hard drive, rebooted, and system restore was properly monitoring the main drive. I put the second drive back in, rebooted, and it went back to monitoring that one. I thought system restore monitors and supports the drive that has windows loaded on it. That clearly isn't the case here. How can get system restore to monitor the correct drive?
Old Aug 16, 2003, 02:47 PM

Go to your System Settings and click on the system restore tab, this will show the drives that are being monitored. Click on the drive that is not currently beeing monitored and select settings. There should be a check box disabling system monitoring, uncheck this box and apply the setting. You may have to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Hope this is of help!
Old Aug 17, 2003, 02:18 AM

I click on the system restore tabe and there is only one drive listed in the Status portion of the screen, the secondary drive. My primary drive isn't listed at all and I'm given no option to alter the drives that are monitored. I right clicked on the drive that's listed and nothing happens. I cannot figure out why this is happening.